Return to Sartre.org

Due to Spam, Auto Registration is closed. If you want to register, please send an email to mail @ sartre . org (all together) with the following information:
Desired user name:
Email:
Desired password: (you may change at a later time)

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
performing No Exit (Read 11045 times)
Salem

performing No Exit
03/15/04 at 07:34:04

Dear Sir or Madam,

Is your group able to grant permission to perform "No Exit" by Jean-Paul Sartre?

My daughter Madeline Howard, who is 13, is quite determined to do this play in spite of her middle-school principal's having declared it "unsuitable for middle school." She is holding rehearsals on weekends at home, since the group is not allowed to rehearse at school, and a local fringe theater that supports her right to perform the show is providing a venue.

However, she was not aware that the play was not in the public domain. So we're now in search of the correct authority to ask for permission to use "No Exit" without royalties. Have I found that authority?

Thanks!  

Salem

Email   IP Logged
Kyle Waranis

Re: performing No Exit
Reply #1 - 04/27/05 at 21:55:49

Salem it's a sad day when a principle declares such a great play unsuitable.  Sadly I don't have the information your looking for, I'm looking for it myself.  I'm hopefully, if I can get the rights, going to be performing it for my high school.  I wish your daughter luck, and I commend her determination.

Email   IP Logged
joe

Re: performing No Exit
Reply #2 - 01/30/06 at 04:40:37

Would you think that it would be alright to stage "No Exit" without getting the correct permission provided that we were not able to find it?

My group is also interested to stage the play this coming July and I have been scouring the internet looking for the proper authorities from whom to ask permission to stage the play. Samuel French Ltd. doesn't have it listed and neither does Dramatists Play Services Inc.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread