Return to Sartre.org

Due to Spam, Auto Registration is closed. If you want to register, please send an email to mail @ sartre . org (all together) with the following information:
Desired user name:
Email:
Desired password: (you may change at a later time)

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
new adaptation of Sartre's Huis Clos or (No Exit) (Read 3717 times)
Matt

new adaptation of Sartre's Huis Clos or (No Exit)
09/30/04 at 01:22:49

We're currently working on a new adaptation of Sartre's Huis Clos or (No Exit), exploring the continued relevance of its existentialist themes in our modern world of reality TV.
I am trying to find out what alternative adaptations and versions of the play have been staged in its 51 year history - I am more interested in original and innovative takes than dramatizations that stick rigidly to the original style and format.
If there is any way in which you could help me with this, or if you could point me in the direction of someone who can, I would be extremely grateful.
Many thanks,  
Matt  

Email   IP Logged
KA
Ex Member

Re: new adaptation of Sartre's Huis Clos or (No Ex
Reply #1 - 11/13/04 at 14:53:16

I can't answer your question but I'm intrested in hearing about your project.

IP Logged
Kristina Bakis

Reply #2 - 01/19/05 at 22:15:04

Just wanted to know if you were able to find anything---i am trying to do a comparative analysis on various adaptations of Huis Clos---I love the original version almost to the point of memorization but I would love to find a way to expand on this!! Thank you, Kristina Bakis

Email   IP Logged
rammeyers
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 10/25/05 at 10:50:16

Matt,
Did you find anything about Jacqueline Audry's film Huis Clos?
I want to screen it at the theater I work at and am having trouble tracking down distribution.
Thanks,
Rebecca
rmeyers@fas.harvard.edu

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread